Date Based Automations
Date-based automations are a great way to save time and resource by scheduling campaigns which can run automatically. By using custom data in your contact lists, such as dates of birth or last purchased date, you can send your marketing emails just at the time when people will be most likely to open, click and convert – meaning maximum engagement for very little effort.
Scenarios where automations can save time and improve results include:
- Anniversary reminders
- Renewal reminders
- Follow-up messages to welcome messages, e.g. to warn that a new subscriber discount code is about to expire
- Birthday promotions/discounts
- Discounts/incentives for subscribers who have not clicked-through from an email for a long time
- A countdown, e.g. to Christmas or Valentine’s Day
- Reminders for those who’ve bought tickets to (or expressed interest in) an event
- Request for product reviews
To begin, you’ll need to upload a list into PureCampaign.
Create and upload your list
Start by uploading a list which has a custom field for every date you may want to base the automation on.
Create the automation rule
Choose automations from the top menu. Then select new automation.
Then hit next again, and you’ll be able to add any additional filter criteria to allow you to target the email even further.