You can find your SMS messages from the Messages sub-nav bar after clicking Messages from the top-nav.
Your SMS messages page is the same as most pages
- A button to make a new SMS message
- A list of all of your SMS messages (if you have a any)
- You can edit any message
- When you open the menu against any of your messages you can duplicate, preview or delete each message.
When you click to make a new SMS message or edit on an existing message, you will enter the SMS editor.
There are four things to do in the editor:
- Give your message a valid name.
- Check you have the correct SMS Template.
- By default each profile will send the SMS from a shared long number and contain generic opt-out text with a code unique to that recipient.
- Alternatively you may have purchased a unique template including your own sender name, and additional SMS functionality. Speak to your account manager for information on upgrading your account to include this.
- Type/Paste your content
- As you may have seen from toggling your template, the live preview on the right will update in real time, allowing you to see your from name and template copy as it would appear on a smartphone.
- Toggle the Multi-part setting (if you want to).
- As you probably know, phones can show you messages longer than 160 characters; longer messages will simply count as more SMS-credits.
- You can send messages that take up to 3 credits per contact.
- If you want to ensure they only use 1 credit per contact, uncheck the box and you will not be able to save your message until you are below the correct character count.
Once you have a valid name and message content, you can save or finish.